Molten Menier Chocolate Mug Cake
This decadent and gooey molten chocolate mug cake tastes absolutely heavenly and is made minutes. Absolutely delicious!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute 30 secs
2tbsp plain flour
50g granulated sugar
1 ½ tbsp Menier cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
40g unsalted butter, melted
3tbsp whole milk
1 free-range egg, beaten
¼ tsp vanilla extract
30g Menier milk chocolate, broken
1 tablespoon water
Seasonal berries and/or Ice cream
1. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a microwavable mug, mix together with a fork, until well combined.
2. Add in the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine, making sure to mix in the flour mixture in the bottom.
3. Place the chocolate pieces in the centre of the mug. Do not push down; it will sink as it bakes.
4. Drizzle the tablespoon of water on top of the cake mixture. Place in microwave on full power for 1 minute and 15 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the cake rises to the top, the edges look set but the surface of the centre looks slightly wet and shiny, and sticks to the finger when touched. It will set up as it rests. Do NOT overbake to ensure that saucy, molten interior. If the centre still looks raw then give it another 5 to 10 seconds.
5. Let it cool for about 5 minutes, the cake will fall slightly. Top with berries or ice cream if desired, enjoy!